Victorian gaming venue staff must complete approved Responsible Service of Gaming (RSG) training.
RSG training provides gaming staff information and skills so they can provide gaming responsibly.
Training requirements for new gaming staff
You must complete two modules:
- Module 1 – New staff online module (2-3 hours learning online) within one month of starting work in a gaming venue. You can complete the module before starting work if you choose.
- Module 2 – New staff face-to-face module (delivered in gaming venues) within six months of starting work in a gaming venue. We recommend that you complete this module after starting work.
You do not need to:
- complete training before beginning work or as a condition of securing a new job
- pay for the training. It is provided free of charge.
RSG refresher training
New responsible service of gaming (RSG) refresher training requirements commenced on 8 September 2020.
You must complete two modules:
- Module 3 – refresher online module (2-3 hours learning online)
- Module 4 – the refresher face-to-face module (delivered in gaming venues).
You do not need to pay for the training. It is provided free of charge.
You must complete Module 3 and Module 4:
- by 1 September 2021 if you completed Module 2 on or before 31 December 2017; or
- within 3 years of the date on which you completed Module 2 if you completed Module 2 after 31 December 2017.
Module 3 and Module 4 must be completed every three years thereafter.
You must complete Module 4 within 3 months of completing Module 3.
The Module 3 online course will be accessible from your RSG account in late September 2020.
Your RSG training account
Your account is the place where you can manage your RSG training records and get certificates for all completed training.
To set up your personal RSG training account:
- click this link to create a new account
- supply an email address that cannot be used by any other person for training
- set up a username and password.
If you forget your RSG training account password, you can follow the links to reset your password. An email will be sent to your registered email address with a link to reset your password.
If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register your RSG training account, please contact the RSG Training Helpline on 1300 300 635.
How to complete RSG courses
Sessions for face-to-face modules are organised by venue operators. They are provided free of charge in the venue.
We recommend that you:
- complete the online module before the face-to-face training
- bring your online module certificate of completion to the session.
For copies of certificates for all completed RSG training modules, log into your RSG training account.
After completing a face-to-face training module, you will need to log into your account to generate your certificate of completion for the face-to-face training module.
Trouble logging into your account
You need to enter your username and your password to log into your account.
If you are having trouble remembering your username or your password, simply click the link ‘forgotten your user name or password’. You then enter your email address (or username if you remember it) and click ‘search’.
You will then receive an email containing details of your username and instructions for how to reset your password.
Trouble accessing the online training modules
If you are having problems accessing the online training modules, this may be caused by your computer or operating system.
The online training modules are best accessed via Google Chrome on a computer. It is recommended that you do not complete the online training modules using a mobile phone or tablet.
The recommended technical requirements to use the system are:
- Operating system
- Windows 7, 10
- Mac OSX Sierra
- Internet browsers
- Google Chrome version 30+
- Firefox version 25+
- Safari 6+
Add-ons and toolbars can affect any browser's performance.